[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Cabrillo College Linux Classes • View topic - labx2

labx2

Emergency forum when Opus is down

labx2

Postby juliana cheng on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:56 pm

[code][home/cis90/chejul $ ls -l /boot/v*
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 4046160 Jun 17 12:58 /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-358.14.1.el6.x86_64
/home/cis90/chejul $/code]

The vmlinuz number deos not match the one listed in the slides...is this normal kernel number?

This is a juniro verson of Opus around in the neighborhood now.....doubt that any munchis will find the new support system ...

If ther are any changes, I'll let you know..
-juliana
juliana cheng

Re: labx2

Postby Rich Simms on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:18 am

Yes, Opus and Son-of-Opus are running different Linux distros and kernels.

Use [b]cat /etc/issue[/b] to see the distro (Lesson 1)
Use [b]uname -r[/b] to see the kernel version
Use [b]ls -l /boot/v*[/b] to see the kernel files

The maker of each distro (e.g. Ubuntu, CentOS, Red hat) selects a version of the Linux kernel from here:
[url]https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/[/url]
And then adds their selection of utilities, libraries, commands, drivers and applications to make their own unique distro.

- Rich
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Postby juliana cheng on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:53 pm

[quote="Rich Simms"]Yes, Opus and Son-of-Opus are running different Linux distros and kernels.

Use [b]cat /etc/issue[/b] to see the distro (Lesson 1)
Use [b]uname -r[/b] to see the kernel version
Use [b]ls -l /boot/v*[/b] to see the kernel files

The maker of each distro (e.g. Ubuntu, CentOS, Red hat) selects a version of the Linux kernel from here:
[url]https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/[/url]
And then adds their selection of utilities, libraries, commands, drivers and applications to make their own unique distro.

- Rich[/quote]

Thanks for the hints and review, at least I heard of the word "distro" this time and also all these companies' logo which distribute Linux program and commands?
The link on the www.kernel.org does not work when I clicked on it...web page does not exist message came out.

Also for labx2..Am I supposed to use vi to edit the tree to look like benji's which has Engliand on top instead of Ukraine before I answer the questions? Also the tree command does not exist error message came up...

-juliana
juliana cheng

Postby Rich Simms on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:32 am

[quote="JC"]Am I supposed to use vi to edit the tree to look like benji's[/quote]
Nope.

- Rich
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Return to Temporary CIS 90 - Fall 2013