[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Cabrillo College Linux Classes • View topic - Network shutdown over 4-day weekend

Network shutdown over 4-day weekend

Emergency forum when Opus is down

Network shutdown over 4-day weekend

Postby Rich Simms on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Those rumours you heard yesterday turned out to be true! :(

The network on upper campus will be shut down over the entire Thanksgiving 4-day weekend (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday). This means:

1) No remote access to Opus or the forum.
2) The CIS Lab will not have Internet access.
3) No access to Opus via the campus wireless or campus LAN.

Here is the contingency plan for those of you who want to get work done during this period:

1) I'm setting up son-of-opus.simms-teach.com (port 2220) for you to use. All your home directory files as of 11PM last night are there.
2) The emergency forum will be available at [url]http://simms-teach.com/forum[/url]. You will need to register if you didn't use it last time.

Sorry about all this! If there are any changes or updates I'll post them on both forums.

- Rich
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Re: Network shutdown over 4-day weekend

Postby juliana cheng on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah! Slow good! The linke worked!
Thanks for the George Washington's white horse question which appears in all the tests! I put it to use when I found out that I DO NEED TO register again!
I got in now into the emergency forum and...I hope I won't post too many posts here.... :mrgreen: -juliana
juliana cheng

Postby juliana cheng on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:23 pm

So just type the following into the putty window and use which password?

[quote]son-of-opus.simms-teach.com (port 2220)[/quote]

-juliana
juliana cheng

Postby Rich Simms on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:31 pm

Use your original Opus password.

- Rich
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Postby juliana cheng on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:31 pm

[quote="Rich Simms"]Use your original Opus password.

- Rich[/quote]
I used the same password that I use for the regular forum and it went through and I am here now....I think the Forum is downed now however, opus still in! on!

just posted more pumpkin's errors...I think there are embedded commands which I cut and pasted over....because it's your pumpkin from last month's... :lol:
juliana cheng

Postby Rich Simms on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:12 am

For those of you who want to get some work done over the four-day weekend you are good to go!

I just locked the accounts/forum on Opus and transferred CIS 90 account files to son-of-opus.

You can ssh and log into:
[b]son-of-opus.simms-teach.com[/b] (port 2220)

And use the temporary forum at:
[url]http://simms-teach.com/forum[/url]

Have a great Thanksgiving Holiday!

- Rich
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Return to Temporary CIS 90 - Fall 2013